Monday, December 12, 2005

Not really blogging, but I am haunting the comments box

. . . of Jeff Overstreet, where a fun little debate has started over the faults of the new Narnia movie. I've been arguing from the pro-Narnia movie and pro-LOTR movies stance. Most others are arguing that Adamson's Narnia is mediocre/okay but not nearly as great as it could've/should've been. Others are arguing that LOTR is crep, and that Narnia is far superior. For my part, I've seen LWW (The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe) three times, and cried every single time, loved Aslan as much as I've loved any character on screen, and thought it was a truly wonderful film. But, of course, it's no Peter Jackson-LOTR. Frankly, I don't think we'll ever see a fantasy film that will compare with LOTR, so I wasn't expecting it from LWW. I'm of the opinion that the book Lewis wrote is just not as good as the one Tolkien wrote (though I do adore the Narnia books a great deal), so I never expected a Narnia-inspired film to be as good as PJ's LOTR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home